Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Dad

My dad, my hero.  1932-2001

For I am now ready to be offered, 
and the time of my departure is at hand.
I have fought a good fight, 
I have finished my course, 
I have kept the faith:
Henceforth there is laid up for me 
a crown of righteousness, 
which the Lord, the righteous judge, 
shall give me at that day: and not to me only,
but unto all them also that love his appearing.  
2 Timothy 4:6-8

My dad was a great guy, not just because he was my dad but because he was a great guy.  He was kind and compassionate towards others, always wanting to quietly help someone who needed it.  He was a good provider for my family, an excellent role model, and always happy.  When I think back, my memories of him are laughing and smiling.  I miss him terribly, but have the assurance that I will see him again someday. 

Old Family Photo ~ I'm the baby
One of the funny stories my mom likes to tell is on their wedding day.   The picture below is of my dad on the left and his twin brother on the right.  His brother is actually wearing my dad's flower - a stephanotis - and is pinning a carnation to my dad (the groom).  I'm sure as my dad and uncle were discussing it, they assumed the biggest flower should go to the groom. 


Have a blessed day my friends.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the pinning the wrong flower story! Somebody didn't get the memo, I guess. Lovely to look back and celebrate the dad who mean so much to us. Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby, we lost our fathers during the same year, 2001.
    My daddy died March 26, 2001.
    In his memory, I say "Happy Father's Day", Daddy. I miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good father you had! Oh how I know you long to see him again...what a day that will be!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.