Friday, December 22, 2017

25 Days God Given Gifts - Day 22 - HELP

I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the LORD, 
Who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2


When one of my grandsons was three years old, he had an expression he used frequently 
. . "I can do it my own self”.   He of course was adorable and it was cute to see him try. At times though, he reached a point where intervention was needed. 

I tend to think of all those years God watched me "doing it my own self" . . cute was not the word that came to His mind. Sure. . I'd pray about something, and let God know how he could best help me. He just needed to come through on His part. God always heard my prayers, but they were not usually answered in a way I expected. Why? Because His ways are not my ways, and He knows what is best for me.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9 NKJV



Since God is ALL knowing, and can see our future laid out in front of Him.  There is none other to trust for our ultimate help. We just need to ask, according to His will. I am very thankful I have a better realization, of this. Whatever skills, talents or attributes "I" possess, it's only because God enables me. 

Thank you dear ones. Praying you have a great week as we countdown to Christmas. 








If you'd like to see all the posts in this series so far, you can follow this link:
25 Days of God Given Gifts

This link will take you to a free pdf that goes along with this series.
25 Days God Given Gifts & Scripture 

These images I post are free for personal use, ministry use, or for gifting. Not to be sold. If you share the images on your blog, a link back would be appreciated. Please do not copy my entire posts to your blog. Thank you. 

If you'd like to receive an email each time I post, you can sign up here: 


You can also follow through my facebook page here:Little Birdie Blessings - Facebook

1 comment:

  1. He is my ever present help in time of need. Which, for me, is ALL the time. TFS. Merry Christmas, Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.